Paris Region is the leading location for film productions in France, thanks to the exceptional concentration of assets on its territory: 90 % of the technical infrastructure, many recognized schools and the majority of qualified technicians in the sector are based in Paris Region.
From 2006 to 2020, Film Paris Region and Audiens have jointly published an annual Observatory of audiovisual and film production in Paris Region.
Since 2021, Audiens Group has made this data available in a digital tool: the Datalab.
This aggregated, anonymous and simplified data can be used to inform social partners, professionals and public authorities on the socio-economic prospects of the cultural sector.
The dashboards are reserved for representatives of branches and unions in the cultural and audiovisual sectors, public authorities and local communities, public cultural institutions, national and regional observatories and Audiens' institutional partners.
2021' key figures
Sources: Unifrance, CNC, Audiens :
- Paris Region concentrates more than 50% of filming in France, i.e. approximately 1,000 filmings per year and 15 to 20 filmings per day in the territory.
- 150,000 jobs are concentrated in Paris Region, representing 54% of the industry in France.
- Paris Region is home to 6,700 companies, from pre-production to post-production, and 85,000 m2 of film sets.
- Film Paris Region has supported 400 works, referenced 263 filming locations and 670 service providers (including studios) in Paris Region.
- Paris Region supported 142 works with a total budget of 22 million euros dedicated to the industry.
Professionals, create your profile to access Audiens Group employment data.