Date19 May. 2022 20 May. 2022
Every year since 2014, Shoot the Book! has selected books with strong screen adaptation potential. The selected publishers are accredited at the Cannes Film Festival to meet foreign producers via pitch sessions and individual meetings.
This concept is repeated at other professional events such as the Shanghai International Film Festival in June and the American Film Market in November in Los Angeles.
Shoot The Book! is organized by SCELF and BIEF, in partnership with Film Paris Region and the French Institut.
Registration is now open
Sign up now on the Shoot the Book website!
"Immersion in the European film and TV adaptation markets : focus on Germany and Italy"
Presentations and case studies by professionnals in the production, financing and promotion of film and TV adaptation projects to better understand the latest practices, trends, and actors in these audiovisual rights markets
When ? Thursday, May 19th from 9.30 am to 1 pm
Where ? Hôtel Windsor - Adosom, 16 avenue Windsor, Cannes
Pitching session of works selected by a jury of film industry professionals (list disclosed in a previous email)
When ? Thursday, May 19th from 3pm to 5 pm
Where ? Press conference room at the Palais des Festivals, floor 3
B2B meetings with editors and agents from France and above. Time slots are 30 minute long.
When ? Friday, May 20th from 9 am to 1 pm
Where ? Speed meetings space at the Palais des Festivals, floor - 1
- Belleville au cœur de Christian PAGE, aux éditions Slatkine & Cie
- Semi de Aki SHIMAZAKI, aux éditions Actes Sud
- La patrie des frères Werner de Philippe COLLIN et Sébastien GOETHAL, aux éditions Futuropolis
- Tous les enfants disperses de Beata UMUBYEYI MAIRESSE, aux éditions Autrement
- 40 cappotti e un bottone de Ivan SGIAPEGONI, aux éditions Vicky Satlow
- La dame blanche de Quentin ZUTTION, aux éditions Le Lombard
- Guilty # L'affaire Dieo Abrio de Jean-Christophe TIXIER, aux éditions Rageot
- Acht tage im mai de Volker ULLRICH, aux éditions Verlag C.H.BECK
- Manner mit dem Rose Winkler de Heinz HEGER, aux éditions Merlin Verlag
- Le dernier enfant de Philippe BESSON, aux éditions Julliard